1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights Reminder 10/30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're up to speed, BM. Three games, 2-1 record, two games won on the final play.

I wonder if there are any creampuffs on the Dillon Panthers schedule. You would think there would be some suck-ass West Texas team they could thump 52-3 so Smash could run for 240 yards and three scores and get himself a schol-a-sheep, but everyone seems to be giving them holy hell every time they step on the field.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I would hope they get at least one game where they lead 42-0 at half, just to see if Taylor runs up the score. Have a big time college recruiter looking at Smash and Dillon has one of those games where they return 2 int's for TDs, have a couple of short slant patterns go for long touchdowns and take back a punt so they lead big at half, but Smash hasn't gotten the chance to show what he can do....leaving Taylor in a real bind.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Tonight's episode best of the season so far. I keep saying it, when they go a little deeper and explore the characters a little bit rather than speeding through the story, the show is much more effective. I think the episodes when there isn't a game are better -- there's a better pace to the show (and we aren't subjected to 8 helicopter hits in midair).

I can't get enough of the wife or Layla.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Is it just me, or did it seem a little curious that the paralyzed QB was completely out of his neck collar already?

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah, and that he had been in rehab six weeks and yet the team had only played two games in that time period. But as far as the content of this week's show I thought it was very good. Saracen is the best character on the show. He comes across as very real, how most people would be in his situation. That whole Reyes-Saracen's friend storyline was very well done.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

plus dbt

Draft saved Draft deleted