1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights - NBC run

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CUinthenewsroom, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll be stunned if Billy Riggins isn't dead by the end of this season.

JD McCoy is going to flame out hard sometime soon and Matt will be the hero. And I'll dig that since I think Matt is one of the best characters on tv.

Jason is going to take this housing thing on the chin -- hard.

Tyra is going to drop out to be a rodeo groupie girl.

At least that's how I'm guessing everything goes here.

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Doesn't sound too hopeful that there's going to be a season 4:

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2009/02/you-ask-i-answer-whos-dying-on-brothers-sisters-will-friday-night-lights-get-a-4th-season-plus-lost-.html

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So no one watched last night's episode yet?

I think it's kinda cool that QB2 and coach's daughter hooked up again. I think this time they did the no pants dance though.

And JD McCoy going all Todd Marinovich. His dad is going to burst a blood vessel.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I totally got that impression. Julie looking at herself in the mirror seemed like the subtle giveaway. I felt like she was looking in the mirror saying to herself, "Well, I'm not a virgin anymore" and then followed up by the scene in the church where they look at each other and smile pretty much confirmed it. The series of lake scenes between the two of them were all kinds of cute. I think Aimee Teegarden has done a great job with Julie's character arch over the last three seasons. Shy and nervous, to rebellious and whiny, to more assured and sarcastic. Her character's immaturity last season caused a lot of complaining, but to me it felt like so many high school girls I knew at age 16. Also, I guess this is ok to talk about since she's 19 in real life, but good lord, Teegarden has turned into a hottie.

Have to say though, my favorite line of the night was Riggins, "That bar there is Smittys, best dive bar in town. If you ever go in there, you know me as Toby, two-time Iraq war veteran."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Crucivictorius is BACK!! Too bad the preview gave away a great punchline for next week's show.
    And I think it is pretty clear that Saracen did the deed last night. I just hope this doesn't become "a thing" between him and Coach. Also not crazy about the Street storyline. Don't know how the writers are going to get him out of it - think Coach Taylor buys the house?

7. I have no idea, but they have two eps to do it (he gets a 4 ep send off, just like Smash). I like Street, so I hope it works. The scene with him on the phone with his baby was great.

And count me a fan of Saracen and Little Taylor hooking up again. They are cute together and the insanely cute Aimee gets more screen time when they are together, which is fine by me. I have to assume there is going to be some kind of fallout from that, it's just too neat and clean otherwise.

Another good episode. I sure hope someone keeps this show around. If it just ended up on DirecTv I might even make the switch. Maybe.

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I also didn't think there was any doubt Saracen/Julie did the deed. As CU points out, I thought they made it fairly obvious. I guess it could be that they were just giddy in love, but I don't think so.

I really like the Street storyline and the way Coach Taylor brought him out of his funk. Great call on Taylor buying the house, Dan ... I could totally see that happening.

And the JD stuff was great, with his father interrupting their first plan to party, then Riggins taking him out and getting him hammered. I was a little disappointed they didn't show pop's reaction when he got home. But Taylor's expression when the kid was forced to apologize was priceless.

I did think it was odd that they didn't show any of JD's game action, since it was his first start and he apparently played very well.

And good catch on the Riggins line, CU. That's outstanding, and I completely missed it. I knew I didn't quite hear it right, but I thought he was referring to a bartender or the owner.

And WTF? I was looking forward to Landry finding a new girl, and I wish they hadn't given away that plot twist in the preview. (I won't spoil it if you missed it). Damn.

9. highlander

highlander Member

Since Landry is one of the main comic elements in the show, it's pretty easy to see where this relationship is headed.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's a good thing Saracen is a nice guy and Julie is not only an incredible HOTTIE but is turning into a very good person.

But there's a an excellent opportunity for Saracen to exact a little revenge.
    Hey Coach Taylor. You benched me in my senior year after I came off the bench to win a State Title for You. You fucked me. Guess what? I fucked your daughter.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Would love to see Coach's non-verbal reaction to that one.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hmm...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted