1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"friday night lights" is back!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It was explained: they received American Recovery and Reinvestment Act ( ARRA) funds

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Obviously he plays the lead in this show so that keeps him busy, but I have no idea how Kyle Chandler doesn't get more roles in movies. I think he does one of the best acting jobs on TV with FNL. I never watched Morning Edition, but he's easily one of my favorite TV actors today.

3. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

It was Early Edition ... which I enjoyed during the first season, but lost interest in after that. And he was good in that, but he's beyond good on FNL. I think part of it is the improv nature of how they shoot it -- he's obviously grown really comfortable with it. Anybody see the piece in Time last week about the show? They did a page on it. Nice to see it get some recognition.

4. highlander

highlander Member

He was in "Pure Country" with George Strait. A TV Series called "Home Front" which I thought was really good. About life after the end of World War II. And he got killed right at the start of "The Kingdom."

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Liked to see him in The Kingdom. I enjoyed that movie more than I thought I would. The Lady Friend will always (and probably only) know him from Grey's Anatomy as the guy who gets blown up by a grenade.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My wife has decided Tami Taylor is her favorite character on television.
    Poll question: Is Riggins going to share the trailer with Sassy Brunette?

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

AppGrad,

I think that one is pretty much inevitable. My question is how in the world Tim Riggins has gotten to this point in life without knocking a woman up.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I say he starts nailing her daughter

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

that is "her" daughter.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Another great episode.

Man I love this series

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Is Episode 4 up yet?

12. highlander

highlander Member

Buddy rules at Dillon or East Dillon. Although I admit I miss Tyra but I like Tim Riggins fatherly (or was it motherly) advice to his landlord's daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted