1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"friday night lights" is back!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We're going to have to fight.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You're a Cubs fan, so you will never win. And shockey is an old man, so I can kick his ass. She's mine and I ain't sharing.

I have noticed that almost every woman who watches the show has a huge crush on Kyle Chandler and every man wants some alone time with Mrs. Coach.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't hit a Pope.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just because it hasn't been said ... that first episode sets up the rest of the season nicely.

Not shocked to see Dillon QB1 is the asshole we all thought he was last season.

5. I loved when JD said, coach never should have taken me out of the game. He just felt sorry for you.

If I'm Matt Saracen, I'm coming back with "please remind me who shit the bed in the first half and who was a last-second field goal away from bringing the Panthers their second state title in three years." Then I'd flash my ring, kiss my hot girlfriend and kick QB1 square in the junk. But I guess my imagination just isn't as real as TV.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

great start to season 4. sure gonna miss minka, though. guess i'll wait until 2010 if she indeed joins cast of this new show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401221/

could be promising. or totally suck. can't they all? ??? ??? ???

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

OK ... I missed all of season 3. What the fuck are they doing at East Dillon?

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Don't want to ruin it for you:

http://www.hulu.com/friday-night-lights

9. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Wallace from "The Wire" is joining the cast this season, yes?

My world got a little happier when I read that.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great first episode. Shockey thanks for bringing start to our attention. They should be be able to get at least 2 more seasons from the new twists that were introduced.

11. highlander

highlander Member

Okay anyone who watched the episode who was the old coach or trainer who showed up to help coach Taylor?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't think I've ever seen him before.

Draft saved Draft deleted