1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday Night Lights begins, sort of

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Smash's last episode is coming. We are going to miss Mama Smash.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I didn't take it like the freshman was being a dick. I thought he was just making a joke to break the tension. And it fell flat. If the creators wanted they could turn the freshman character into something. Like the male version of a child beauty pageant-er ("My parents push me into football...I have to be the best...")

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Janine Turner as over-the-top football mom. Good casting. She's got that wild-eyed look (although some of it may be chemically achieved).

4. sg86

sg86 Member

That's how I took it.

As more of a "I think this is ridiculous too, but I have no choice" kind of thing.

But seriously.

If Smash's mom doesn't win some kind of award for that, then these awards shows are pointless crap.

5. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I wanted Saracen to win all along. But when he said, "I always have another one in me" — holy crap did he deserve to win that game.
    I love the transition of Saracen from season one to now. The first Arnett Meade (sp?) game, he was crapping his pants. Now he walks in the huddle and tells anyone who doesn't think they're going to win to get out of his damn huddle. His huddle. That's why Saracen is QB1 (to borrow a term they no longer use), not the 15-year-old kid who threw a nice touchdown pass against the crappy team's backups.

6. sg86

sg86 Member

Agreed. Although with the beating Saracen was taking, Eric should've brought McCoy in to get completely rocked, that way when's he hurt nobody can bitch about him not being in.

He had ample opportunity to put him in to see him get crushed and destroy the talk about pulling Saracen.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Yeah, but if McCoy gets crushed they lose the game. And if he doesn't, and McCoy can really walk on water, then Eric's fucked because he's telling everyone to get off his (and Saracen's) back.

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I hope he doesn't play McCoy at all unless in a blowout.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You know it won't play out like that. McCoy has to play, and play well, to create more pressure and angst.

10. prezclinton

Yea, I know, I know.
    One can hope.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That was a fantastic episode. The scene with Smash & Mama Smash was fantastic. I will definitely miss those two.

12. prezclinton

I think my week officially revolves around Wednesdays. South Park, FNL and the MTV Douche Island. What a trifecta.

Draft saved Draft deleted