1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air causes school lockdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 3, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.timesonline.com/news/police_fire_courts/schools-locked-down-over-ambiguous-message-taken-as-threat/article_e0ead4e5-046f-5679-991c-4aea6d915123.html

Doctor's receptionist calls high school student in Pennsylvania to remind him of appointment. She gets his voicemail, where she thinks his message says he is "shooting people outside of the school." So she makes an emergency call.

In reality the boy was singing the show's theme song, wherein Will Smith was "shooting some b-ball outside of the school."

SWAT team hijinks ensue.

I say it's all Jazz's fault. It always is.

2. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

I highly enjoyed all the Fresh Prince references in the story. Now if only there was a shot of Hilary...

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

that receptionist must be a parent.

We all know parents just don't understand

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Great show. The early ones were great. The one where Carlton goes to the hood with Will and gets all gangster is classic.

C-Note: "Yo, I quit school. That's for suckers. I bet I can get $20 for this china dog."

5. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Carlton was always my fave. I'll never forget the episode where Will likes a girl at the country club who likes bad boys so he wants Carlton to tell her about his "bad" past, and Carlton says "yeah, I know you went to Penn State," and Will said "No dummy, I said the state pen," and Carlton responds with, "I'm sorry, I thought Penn State was bad enough." Oh, that Carlton.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, you do get raped in the shower at both places.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is so wrong and so good.

8. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Now that made me laugh.

9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Shut down SportsJournalists.com.

Batman wins the World Wide Web.

Slow clap.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, batman.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Batman is one of the funniest posters here, but that joke has been made many times in the past 16 months.

The administrator should be forced to watch all 148 episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted