1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freeman shreds Urban Meyer for quarterback rotation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 9, 2006.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Maybe no one was thinking about it but you, Hondo.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The conclusion does not follow the premises.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Just noting my amusement that both Freeman and the previously discussed Mr. Doyel have similar snarky bios.

While Freeman " is proud to announce that in his last job as a columnist for the Times-Union in Jacksonville, Fla., he twice angered thousands of Gators fans. OK, maybe it was 10,000. OK, maybe several hundred thousand .. ." Doyel "pissed them off" and "has won more awards than you."

That's quality stuff.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I find that hard to believe on this board.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What's funny is that Lopresti wrote in USA Today that Florida was being successful with no hint of a QB controversey.
    Now Freeman is trying to stir one up.
    It isn't there, yet, but just wait for the Gators to lose, then all hell will break loose.

And Hondo are you trying to say that Meyer favors Tebow because they are both whiteys? Or are you trying to say that Leak is living proof that all black football players aren't great athletes?

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, Freeman has been watching Leftwich for a few years now.

7. Mike has an axe to grind with Meyer, remember the "Urban Liar" stuff last year, though I agreed in principle with what he wrote at that time. Spurrier switched qbs at Florida forever, even early in Wuerffel and Grossman's careers. Leak split time with the kid who transferred to Furman (his name escapes me) when he was a freshman. They used Josh Portis in a similar fashion last year, yet Freeman didn't say squat then.
    True, Meyer certainly is one of the top 10 smirkers in the country (trailing only the president, IMHO) but it's not his job to win Leak the Heisman.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Stupid column. Leak never would have won the Heisman had he taken every snap. If using both quarterbacks makes the Gators a better, more diverse team, then he's got an obligation to make this decision. And without any comment from Leak or Meyer or anyone on that team, the column seems pointless.

9. It doesn't appear to me that Tebow has any throws.
    He has one -- load it up and fire, and that's pretty much it.
    This is beginning to look like Lloyd Carr and the Henson/Brady fiasco, though.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You forgot about the double-pump jump shot pass.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

FUCK YOU, URBAN MEYER!!! YOU ARE KEEPING ME FROM WINNING THE HEISMAN, TOO, BY NOT EVEN LETTING ME PLAY!!!!!!!

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Driving the defense crazy with wholly different styles at quarterback? Great strategy. And if the defense can't stop Tebow, why the hell not keep having him run? Cripes.

Draft saved Draft deleted