1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancers wanted for RI (Still looking)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by schiezainc, Aug 16, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

It's that time of year again.

My coworker and I are looking for some folks interested in covering high school football games in Rhode Island this fall. If last year's schedule is any indication, it's going to be tough for us to get to all the games ourselves on Friday nights/Saturday afternoons this season. The pay isn't a lot ($40 per assignment) but this is a good chance for clips/some extra cash if your in/around the area.

As an FYI, last year we brought two stringers in. One still works with us and the other recently applied for (and got) a vacant news position with our papers, no doubt through the connections he made working with the sports section (Sorry, shameless plug. :) )

Anyway, we have eight different schools that we cover so chances are you'll be covering a different team each week. All we ask is for a story from the game told from the perspective of a weekly paper (I.E. not a ton of play-by-play, more analysis) and a box score. Anywhere from 700-800 words will do and you'll never have a tight deadline. Most times you'll have two-three days to write it.

If you're interested, please PM me or send a resume to sports@ricentral.com. Thanks.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Re: Freelancers wanted for RI

Above post edited with updated information.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Re: Freelancers wanted for RI

Anyone interested in this should PM me until the end of July while schieza is enjoying the wild, wild west.

Draft saved Draft deleted