1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom On The March.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 21, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yet you missed the point of my thread. Who cares about credentials. The situation is a mess and everyone's arguing about who created it.

2. alleyallen - I'm sorry but I haven't clicked on your thread. I've been sticking to baseball recently because all of the 'political" threads seem to have pre-determined points of view.

And I reject the premise that things are a mess over in Iraq.

(Of course now Fenian will attack this point of view in order to hide the fact that the Reuters article was complete crap)

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've heard from several sources and from troops themselves that things are bad. And a civil war isn't as far-fetched as we'd like to think. I DO NOT want to see the lives of thousands of Americans wasted because a country we were trying to rescue falls into the clutches of a civil war, but at the same time, I don't want to sacrifice thousands of additional American lives.

So for the third or fourth time, I'm asking, what can we do to stabilize the situation, get that democracy up and running and get out without losing so many lives?

4. Here's a little more about the International Republican Institute.
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=International_Republican_Institute
    As long as we're a) accusing Reuters of making shit up, and b) accusing reporters of slanting the news, anc c) attributing motivation to people sort of blindly.
    The sectarianism is coming to and end.
    Things are going so well they have to lie about it.
    http://harpers.org/sb-sources-negroponte-nei-cia-1153433546.html

And googling Ridda Jawad al-Takki gets you this:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Ridda+Jawad+al-Takki&btnG=Search
    Typos can cause great confusion.
    And alley?
    There's no good answer.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK, I've had it with the lot of you. The whole angry conservative side and F_B with your insistence on debating credibility as opposed to reality.

Finish this fucking thread on your own.

6. Fenian - you are unbelievable.

Source Watch? The same Source Watch that was founded by the guy who wrote Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq? Yeah absolutely no chance of bias there.

Paul Bremer just joined the board of IRI - so I think they would have more credibility regarding Iraq (no matter how much it may pain you to believe so).

Why haven't you answered the question about why there is no video on these tens of thousands of refugees that your Reuters article reports on?

7. Oh and Fenian - those Google matches you linked to are all for the exact same quote.

I'll take Paul Bremer's credibility over Heywood Jablomes Ridda Jawad al-Takki

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Merloni vs. Reuters . . .

Prosecution Evidence A: Google search.

Prosecution Evidence B: "I haven't seen any video of it."

Boy, there's a slam-dunk case if there ever was one. I hope for Reuters' sake that they have retained the best.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And I reject the premise that the moon has craters.

The two statements above make equal sense.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Premise.....

You laughable little boy.

11. Is Paul Bremer going to tell all his new buddies where all that reconstruction money went?
    Oh, and for all the actual journalsts on the board, Lou has just accused Reuters of making stuff up. Twice, because the quotes he has a problem with now, after not being able to find any of them before, are from March.

12. Fenian - deflection is your favorite defense but come on.

You post a biased article by a biased writer and now you fall back on I'm not a journalist as your defense? Man that's weak. For all we know that guy quoted by Reuters is the equivalent of Dennis Kucinich

You completely gloss over the survey of actual Iraqi's and what they believe and try to smear Paul Bremer in the process. On the other hand you expect everyone just to accept your sources at face value. Very weak.

It is elitist thinking like that makes you so popular. You will never have an open mind on subjects such as these. You never leave open the possibility that you could be wrong in your assumptions. That leads you to take Reuters reporting at face value.

Draft saved Draft deleted