1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom On The March.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Fine. Let's not forget, though, that we're not going to allow any plan for the Iraqis to "fix it" that doesn't leave us with 14 permanent bases, a fortified embassy, a huge presence in the region, and the right to loot the oil for our own purposes.

2. I'm calling BS on this Reuters article. If there were tens of thousands of refugees fleeing their homes we would have seen these people on ther trail of tears on ABC and al-CNN 24/7.

The report you link to completely contradicts the recent results of an IRI survey:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MjczZTQxNmViNWRmYTE1NjU2ZDdkYjE1NTVlNTRlN2E=

Yes - the article is from National Review but in my world that is much more respectable than "no such thing as a terrorists" Reuters.

And I do have to say it again - Fenian you behave as if you want these worst case scenarios to be true.

3. Your last line's beneath contempt, as always, but, if I'd led cheers for this clusterfuck, it might be all I had left, too.
    The National Review? The "We're Winning!" magazine? No, thanks. al-CNN?
    This isn't even a serious discussion any more.

4. I'll ask you again.

Where is all the video of these tens of thousands of refugees to support that piece from Reuters that you believe enough in to create a thread around?

You WANT TO BELIEVE the Reuters article. Why else create this thread?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . factoring in that the credibility batting average of those who got us INTO this mess is well below the Mendoza line . . .

6. Fenian - the only named source in that Reuters piece that supports the premise is one Rida Jawad al -Takki.

If you Google "Rida Jawad al -Takki" you get no matches. Doesn't that make you the least bit skeptical? It looks like this guy did not exist prior to this article. For all we know Rida Jawad al -Takki is Persian for Heywood Jablome.

Meanwhile - here is the web site for the International Republican Institute.

http://www.iri.org/

(Of course since I doubt you read the NRO article - I'm equally dubious that you would check out the IRI - don't want to do anything to challenge your hippy worldview - right?)

7. BTW - the author of the article Mariam Karouny - if you Google her name you get these stories with the following headlines as the top matches:

Iraq to ask UN to end U.S. immunity after rape case
    Guns galore as anarchy stalks Baghdad
    Iraq rejects US probe clearing troops of killings
    Karl Rove's Dingo Ate My Baby

Yeah it looks like Mariam is a completely impartial reporter. ::)

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It wasn't a serious discussion as soon as you posted.

You have an obvious agenda, and you don't give a shit whether you have Fact One to back it up.

You're a sad little fucktard with no logic, no thought processes and no knowledge.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

word for word

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I would rather wait till those two are dead or out of office before implementing any such plan.

At this point I would rather get the government's checks and balances re-installed at the end of this year, at the very least.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

F_B and Lou ... can we PLEASE try to get this back on track? Why the fuck does every thread have to dissolve into a debate over the credentials of different sources?

WHO
    THE
    FUCK
    CARES?

There's a bloody mess there and the issue is what is going to be done to fix it? And who's going to fix it? And how?

Jesus, it's no wonder we can't get shit done with both sides are arguing irrelevant garbage.

12. alleyallen - fact is there are 18 provinces in Iraq and recently two were completely turned over for complete Iraqi control with more to follow.

Recently Sunni's have asked for the US troops to stay and maintain order in their areas of control (because they recognize that they made a mistake in not joining the Iraq security forces). The sectarianism is coming to an end and more and more of the 18 provinces will soon completely be under Iraqi control with only Baghdad and the Sunni triangle and the borders with Syria and Iran being real problem areas.

I've tried to stay out of these things but Fenian posting this obviously biased drivel drives me nuts. The truth may not be completely rosy but it is 180 degrees from what that Reuters article would have you believe

Draft saved Draft deleted