1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free The Dog!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clubber_Slang, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

"Dog" Chapman Arrested, Faces Extradition
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/09/14/dog-chapman-arrested-faces-extradition/

Posted Sep 14th 2006 2:38PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TV

MSNBC's Rita Cosby is reporting that Duane Dog Chapman, star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," and two members of his bounty hunting team (including his son) were arrested by U.S. officials today for extradition to Mexico. Cosby is reporting that Mexican government officials wanted the three men sent back there in relation to a three-year-old case.

In 2003, Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

Dog's wife, Beth Chapman, said 12 armed marshals "came through the door" at 6:00AM this morning. She said they took their daughter's boyfriend down at gunpoint. Dog was sleeping at the time.

TMZ spoke with Nicky Credic from the U.S. Marshals Office. She said, "The arrest warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate in Hawaii on September 13. The warrant was based on a formal request based on a diplomatic note from the government of Mexico."

-----

Who's down to roll to Mexico and help me bring out my homie Diamond Dallas Page ... I mean Dog the Bounty Hunter.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I just saw this news -- I was shocked. Just started watching "Dog"; it's quite entertaining.

3. Clubber_Slang

It's kinda like when the Chinese came and took Bauer away.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow, a bounty hunter taken in for a crime. Pardon me if I can't hold back the laughter.

5. Are we going to have to send Winfield Scott back down to Mexico City?

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I wish the A&E cameras were there when it happened.

"What's the problem, bra?" Dog should have hidden under Beth's massive rack.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah yes, Mexico ... the country that refuses to extradite Mexican nationals back to the U.S. to face justice if they could face a life term in prison --- the Mexican Supreme Court claims life sentences are a violation of their constitution. They'll only extradite if we guarantee a penalty of a fixed number of years. (Google mexico extradition for more details.) Absolute crock of shit, in my opinion.

Under our treaty with Mexico, we aren't obligated to extradite American citizens back to Mexico. In this case, we shouldn't have.

Here's what the magistrate should have told the State Department douchenozzles and the Mexican authorities:

"Vaya se joden."

8. Clubber_Slang

Yeah, he went down there and captured a rapist. Funny.

So I say we build up a mob of folks, led by Beth, once we get down there, she can just swing her gargantuate boobs and knock down that Mexican prison walls and we can bring Dog back to safety.

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It's time for this:
    [​IMG]

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm in. Free the Dog is going in my side sig until he's free.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Guess the Dog, his son and their associate should've made their court appearances after they made bail.

Or maybe they should've stayed in their own country rather than chase an alleged rapist across the border to Puerto Vallarta. Or maybe, after capturing the suspect, they should've turned him over to Mexican authorities as instructed.

These guys may catch criminals for the viewing enjoyment of some, but that does not mean they are above the law. Enjoy jail, boys. Don't drop the soap.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck Breakout, we need the Wild Bunch!

We want Angel Dog!

[​IMG]

Actually I don't give two shits about Dog and find the irony in his capture funny, but I'll do anything for a Wild Bunch reference! Rent that motherfucker right now if you want to see a great fucking (and extraordinarily violent) movie! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted