1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freddy Adu takes a header

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, May 8, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1196776
    Real Salt Lake star Freddy Adu is doing fine after being hit by a ball, but it's not what you might think. It wasn't a soccer ball, but a golf ball. "I got hit from 300 yards away right on the head," Adu says.

He says it took him by surprise as he was playing through. "I was in mid-swing, I was swinging, and the ball hit me. And then I swung through, and the ball went five feet from the hole (laughs)," explains Adu.

All kidding aside it wasn't much fun. "It did hurt, and afterwards I just sort of sat down," he says. But no worries: Adu says everything is fine, and he says he was not knocked out.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Moral of the story: Don't play through any people who can hit the ball 300 yards.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In related RSL news... 1-day after my wedding anniversary RSL will be playing the Chinese National Team.

I hope the games on television, but I'm not so sure. If I wasn't already on vacation, I would consider flying out there.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't know, but to me, Adu seems like a punk. I think you soccer guys know what I'm talking about.
    I don't remember who they were playing against, but someone knocked down Adu accidentally. The guy went to shake his hand in a "Im sorry" sorta' way, and Adu arrogantly didn't accept and walked away.

Draft saved Draft deleted