1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freaks and Geeks - late to the party

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Pair with a French red.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I got the boxed set DVD of Freaks and Geeks for Xmas after having very vague memories of liking the show when it was out and I was in high school.

I just want to say now, after having finally finished all 18 episodes, that I hope beyond hope that whoever was responsible for this show being canceled was fired soon thereafter and blackballed from ever working in the television industry again and is currently a janitor at some god-forsaken high school somewhere, because that person is clearly one of the most inept and simply stupid individuals walking the Earth and deserves nothing but scorn from society. Tebow, this show was incredible. I can't even fathom how short-sighted somebody must have been to OK canceling this show. What kind of retarded dumbass must that person be? Did they even watch the show? Every episode I watched left me pissed off because I knew I only had x number of episodes left, and I f-ing loved every episode I watched and I wanted it to keep going.

Seriously, there is no career/professional penalty stiff enough for the moron who canceled this show. If he's not licking bedpans clean for a living somewhere he got off too easy for this.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Mille Bournes was a favorite of mine. But no one else really liked it, so not much of a chance to practice. Ah well ...

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

You're both wrong.

[​IMG]

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pit never gained much currency in the household of my youth. Mille Bornes got a TON of play.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

More of a '50s father than an early-'80s father, but the characterization was steady and true, and a credit to the scriptwriters.

Draft saved Draft deleted