1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franki Valli at the Fiesta Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Jan 2, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We had joy
    We had fun
    We had Seasons in the Sun...

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But the wine and the song, like the seasons, have all gone.

Jacques Brel meets the Beach Boys meets Terry Jacks.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Goodbye to you my trusted Sooners

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I blame global warming.

5. cortez

cortez Member

That anthem made me uncomfortable

6. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Why do they get such lame-ass entertainment at those bowl games? A couple of years ago when LSU-Iowa played in the What's in Your Wallet Bowl?, it looked like they got the halftime act right when they had an opening between a bar mitzvah and a wedding. Course, that was better than Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl. Just get the marching bands from both of the schools to play. That's all you need.

7. joe

joe Active Member

If it was a bacon wallet, it doesn't matter what was in there because everything's better with bacon.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I thought Rusty Melio got whacked by Chrissie?
    Hey, if ZZ Top could play the Orange Bowl...

9. D-3 Fan

Good thing I missed that halftime show. Oh wait, ABC never showed it and I was in the bar loading up on Red Bull and vodka with the rest of the Hawkeyes fans. I remember that day clearly: NYE was nice and warm and dry. NYD morning we had an ice storm and I banged my head on my friend's front porch as we're heading to the Chinese place to eat and then watch the game.

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I wished I had missed the last :30 seconds of that game. Nick Saban was too busy figuring out what he would do with that big check from the Dolphins to tell his secondary to, you know, actually cover Iowa receivers.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Greatest bowl game ending ever.

When the Iowa kid scored I remember thinking, "There's no way in hell that's going to count. Where's the flag?"

12. D-3 Fan

I guaran-fucking-tee you this, Warren Holloway will never have to buy a drink in Iowa City, and buy dinner anywhere in Iowa. Holloway was the only receiver they didn't cover, and he damn there got tackled by the back of his shoulder pads racing into the endzone.

Armchair, everyone who was in a bar on Ingersoll Avenue in Des Moines raced out of the bars celebrating! I got tears in my eyes still thinking about that moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted