1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Robinson's time is over

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by indiansnetwork, Sep 28, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ao9v0Sj6r5PxL9t4WbQaWTwRvLYF?slug=ap-nationals-robinson&prov=ap&type=lgns
    Sad to say but it is time for Frank to leave baseball. I will always enjoy what he did for the game. It is a shame that steroids have ruined some records that he had held. Frank you are a all time great and will be sorely missed.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

a shame
    ashamed

Please make a note of it.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There was a great Boswell column on this the other day. I'll see if I can find it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

On the proper use of a shame and ashamed? Really? I gotta read that!!!! :D :D

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THIS being the thread idea, dumbass.

(and if Boswell wrote a column on shame vs. ashamed, I'd read it.)

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, have a good day.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Really, people, this isn't about "a shame" and "ashamed."

Frank Robinson has been treated pretty damn shabbily for a guy who took over this team when nobody wanted it and guided it into semi-respectability.

He deserves better.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ya know, I posted this LAST NIGHT on the baseball thread, and included a link. Nice job by Barry Svrluga on getting the story. And shame on the Nats for letting everyone find out "hey, we don't know how to can our manager yet, but we're going to." Good job though, to Barry.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but we like Indians Network more better.

And Shotty, he does deserve better, but he didn't have to say yes when asked... It's bad enough managing under most owners. But when you're owned by MLB as a whole???

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Here's the Boswell column. Use bugmenot if you don't have a WaPo account.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/22/AR2006092201803.html?sub=AR

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Well, the story didn't actually quote anyone but unnamed sources, which had been saying pretty much the same thing for awhile. They're not even saying it now, although it's pretty clear.

I'm not a big fan of Frank's, for personal reasons, but those doofi in D.C. really needed to treat him a whole lot better than this, not leave him basically asking them through the media to give him an answer. That was beneath him. But he wanted back, and he especially wanted his 2007 salary, so you can't blame a guy for asking when the execs are giving him the cold shoulder. No class.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sorry, I'm having trouble working up warm and fuzzy feelings for Frank Robinson.

Draft saved Draft deleted