1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Isola vs. the Knicks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, May 2, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So if he was a girl, she wouldn't be a better person?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You missed two periods there.
    Perhaps you should consult your gynecologist. :D

3. JohnnyChan

JohnnyChan Member

I assume Drip meant "a good writer and an even better person" but, as seems to be the nature of things here sometimes, felt compelled to dig in rather than explain ....

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

No Johnny I meant it the way its posted. I know a lot of good guys but some aren't good people. There's a difference.
    Frank is a solid writer and reporter. He's a vet and a few of the youngsters around here can learn a thing or two by reading his work or by watching him do his job on a daily basis. He's not flashy. He's consistent and that commands my respect as a journalist.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

At least you explained what you said, sort of, but you're wrong. If you aren't a good person, then you aren't a good guy. Or gal. Guy/gal = person.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

No I'm not wrong. Maybe it's a little too deep for you to comprehend but that's not a crime. Let me break it down to you in another way, there are people you are associated with who are nice but you would not go the extra mile to help. Frank is one of those guys you would go the extra mile to help.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Drip you should have just went with "Frank is a mensch" and you would have saved yourself a lot of trouble.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I try to keep it simple Boom. Many along here are dictionary aficionados.

9. How was Drip's dinner with Frank last night?

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There was good food and even better conversation.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And friends at other tables sent drinks!

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I replied to the Captain's question but it was deleted for reasons I can't figure. Anyway, we'll try it again. Captain, I did not have dinner with Frank. However, I did dine on some ribs and had a nice tall glass of lemonade. Thanks for asking.

Draft saved Draft deleted