1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franchione selling insider info to boosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 28, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Happened?? Only thing that HAPPENED to Bliss is that shitbricked HAPPENED to try and cover up a murder

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

There is that.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

If you'll read my sentence, the preposition is "with," not "to."

The sentence also contains the word "obviously."

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Coach Fran is so done.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My sister (a TAMU alum) said that very sentence to me today. Course she's never liked him.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"This was the game plan going into the Orange Bowl. It didn't work as well as we would have hoped."

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

w
    Well ..... McKenzie didn't exactly LEAVE ... the KC Star. Those basketball tickets turned out to be REALLY expensive.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Care to explain?

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

On Sept. 13, Mike McKenzie sent an e-mail to the dozen or so subscribers to Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione's VIP Connection. Here's the first paragraph:

Coach Fran asked me to let you know he learned that some members of the media have obtained a copy of one or more of our VIP Connection reports, and some are upset that it exists. Therefore, Coach Fran has decided it is best to shut it down.

Fuck that sleaze ball McKenzie for using the media as a scapegoat. "Some are upset that it exists." Huh? I think Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne was the most upset that the newsletter had existed for three years without his knowledge.

Coach Fran has decided it is best to shut it down. Um, I think that Byrne was the one who "strongly suggested" that the newsletter should be shut down.

Jeebus, McKenzie needs to get hisself a job as White House spokes person. He da spin doctor.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Please do...

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Looks like the Dallas Morning News got hold of several more newsletters....
    pretty damning stuff - even talking about recruiting, which is, um, illegal under NCAA rules.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texasam/stories/100207dnspovipletters.1314fec46.html

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's not in the print version of the paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted