1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franchione selling insider info to boosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 28, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

anyone here remember when the deranged Alabama fan got ahold of Fran's cell phone number, hacked the security code and changed the message after Fran took the eaTme job?

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

He may have violated Fed law (HIPPA) with release of injury info.
    FOIs are already in the mail.
    Fran and McKenzie better hope all the commas and decimal points are in the right places in their "books".
    Speaking of books ... Hey, Mike, ever gonna publish that book about coach Fran? wait for it ... wait for it.

3. ARD

ARD Member

Story says: The Texas A&M players mentioned by name in the newsletter had authorized the school to release information on their injury status, said Alan Cannon, an athletics department spokesman.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am sure they had a choice in the matter.
    "Hey Fran. How about you release my injury to your boosters, but not to the general public?"

5. ARD

ARD Member

Maybe they got a cut? :)

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The guy should be suspended. That's just brutal.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'd bet the HIPPA release form was slid into a bunch of paper work the player signed when they arrived on campus, papers I sure they didn't look over very closely before signing.

Of course, that kind of thing doesn't stop coaches and SID's from hiding behind HIPPA when they don't want to talk.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've made my feelings about this asshat well-known, but wouldn't his release of this be the same as telling the media?

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Maybe when Fran makes his next, inevitable stop somewhere other than College $tation.

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

Something about the devoted fan base in College Station, and the we're-not-UT chip on thousands of shoulders, that makes this a program that seems to cut a lot of corners.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and across tarrant county, tcu boosters are laughing their asses off.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Glad the Frog faithful have cause for levity. Not really a fanboy here, but I was sorry to see TCU get off to a slow start.

Is there a curse on Univ. of New Mexico coaches who go to the state of Texas? This obviously isn't as bad as what happened with Bliss at Baylor, but damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted