1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franchione selling insider info to boosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I don't care what kind of information you have, you ain't winning much more than 50 percent of the time.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

First thing that crossed my mind.

Even if that's not Franchione's intention, how could he not know that's how it could be used and/or perceived?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Good God. What a joke. Could a DI coach really be THIS stupid?

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Would discussing their injuries constitute any kind of HIPPA violation or student-athlete privacy violation?

What a goob.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

BLOGS!!!!!!

6. Major Batman

Major Batman Member

This has Mike McKenzie all over it. He follows Fran around to every coaching stop as a glorified secretary with the goal to spin every Fran related item. I suspect he has his hands full with the Aggie faithful.

I have some good friends but I don't know any I would follow around to every new job. McKenzie is a talented guy who worked for SI. He can do other things but instead he caravans with Fran. You really have to wonder about that relationship. Not that there is anything wrong with that ...

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was on the gambling angle too. C'mon Dennis, just roll up the score against the cupcakes every year. That's all boosters want. Don't charge 'em for that.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Did I already call Fran a scumbag?
    Yes?
    Well, he still is.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In related news, the line on Texas A&M's game this weekend has just moved 10 points!

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

IIRC, McKenzie was once a KC Star columnist. Can you imagine Joe Poz or Whitlock leaving their gigs to do this (granted, I don't think Whitlock could possibly slurp Jeff George anymore)?

12. IU90

IU90 Member

"When I knew you guys were starting to ask around a bit, I thought, 'Maybe we shouldn't do this.'" Translation: I knew from the beginning that it was completely wrong for me to do this but thought I wouldn't get caught.

Franchione doesn't deserve to finish this season, what a complete disaster he's been at A & M.

Draft saved Draft deleted