1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francesa VS Tiki WOW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You won't hear may interviews like this one:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Or June interviews either...

That link didn't happen to work for me. I ended up going here: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/mike-francesa-1/
    and scrolling down to the part where it says, "Tiki Barber & His Agent Mark Lepselter".

I wasn't thrilled with the interview, to be fair. I think Francesa went after him because he knew he could get away with it. There is no way that Fracesa does that to anyone else in a position with the remotest level of power. Piling on Tiki, when he's not exactly employed, is just easy pickings.

3. Boom_70

I guess we won't hear Michael Strahan on Francesa anytime soon:

michaelstrahan
    And by the way... Saying francesca is an idiot doesn't mean I'm saying Tiki is right either. I don't know why Tiki would even do that show
    17 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    »

michaelstrahan
    I dont respect sum1 that cuts off callers & thinks they know more than everyone including the actual athlete (cont) http://tl.gd/b9o3dq
    »

michaelstrahan
    I refused to do interviews with him and his side kick years ago! RT @Pump_City: @michaelstrahan whens last interview you did with Francesa?
    »
    Michael Strahan
    michaelstrahan Michael Strahan
    Francesca is an idiot RT @peter_doyle11: @michaelstrahan have you heard the Tiki interview on Francesca's show? It is cringe inducing!

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It sure made for good radio, though. I listened to it yesterday live and I think it was really just a case of two stubborn men trying to get across their point. They agreed to disagree that Tiki's stint on the Today Show was a failure (it clearly was), but it took some good back and forth for them to get there.

As Francesa later said, he and Tiki have always had a "feisty" relationship, but they both speak their minds and come at each other with a general feeling of respect.

Now Francesa and Strahan, on the other hand ....

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Anyone have a summation?

I'd rather gouge my ears out with a rusty pocket knife than plod through a podcast with those two blowhards.

6. bigpern23

Tiki took umbrage Francesa saying that his stint at the Today Show was a failure, saying that it was an "unfair" description. Francesa said that if we're being fair, it was a failure. "You got fired, Tiki," he said and Tiki replied, "Did I? Did I, Michael? I don't think you know the whole story."

They argued back and forth for a solid five minutes about whether Francesa's use of the word failure was fair or not.

The agent tried to step in a couple times and Francesa shouted him down. To his credit, Tiki continued to argue his point and didn't hide behind the agent.

7. bigpern23

Oh, and it all took place in like the first 10 minutes of a 40-minute interview. But they moved on quite well.

8. Boom_70

The agent sounded like a clown and it made Tiki look weak.

9. bigpern23

No question about it. A caller asked later on if it was unusual for Francesa to allow an agent on air and he said he almost never does and he told Tiki that he thought it would make him look bad, but Tiki wanted him on there, so Francesa agreed.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And outside of NYC, who gives a damn?

11. bigpern23

Well, I don't live in NYC, so um, me. :p

12. Boom_70

Probably people who follow The NFL

Draft saved Draft deleted