1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox's Fringe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, just watched for the first time. I realize there are some things that I need to catch up on, still - I thought it was pretty damned good, until the end. Then, WEAK.

Let's see, you've got a shape-shifting target who's alone with one of your guys, who claims to have shot the target dead.

AFTER you've seen it take two hits already and leap five stories out the window only to run away perfectly fine.

And you don't wonder for a moment if the shape-shifter hasn't made the switcheroo again? Bullshit.

2. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Yeah, weak first episode. They're doing the weird stuff again. May not be tuning in next week.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Without "the weird stuff" I wouldn't be tuning in. Then again, I liked X Files for the long-term story rather than the freak of the week.

Was I the only person who noticed the X Files namedrop? Nice touch by Abrams, who clearly knows his audience.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Was there a namedrop too? It was on the TV in the background in one of the scenes, if I remember correctly.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

During the meeting with the Congressional oversight committee.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My gripe was the speed it was done.

It was a 2-3 minute scene earlier on, and the last one took seconds.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

In the precommercial interstitials, has the Greek letter phi always been in the middle of the blue frog's back and I just now noticed? Or is that new?

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, I only started watching last week, but it was there then. I thought it was a little weird, didn't (and don't) understand it, but I definitely noticed it.

9. RecentAZgrad

So tonight's episode...another freak monster thing. I wish they would go back to the cool story lines that weren't just random aliens/mutants. Probably not a show for me anymore, eh? :)

10. 2muchcoffeeman

So you're like me: You want more of the long-term story and less of the freak of the week. Same problem I had with X Files.

They moved the long-term plotline along in the B story tonight, but I'm still trying to figure out who's trying to come into our Earth from the parallel Earth and what they're after.

11. RecentAZgrad

Yes, exactly. What ever happened to the whole plot where everything was connected to an giant plan?

I'm actually pretty intrigued by the alternate dimension thing, and am hoping they'll develop that further.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd like more of the continued plot too.

Draft saved Draft deleted