1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox's Fringe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've got a LOT of episodes to catch up on. I maybe watched the first four or five, and then fell off after that.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

It was gone for a long time. Hubby and I really like that one, though, so we made a point of remembering it was coming back.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How long was it off TV?

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I like it, but I'm not sure of the love...yet.
    The plot holes/suspension of reality can be a bit much at times. I mean, how many f'd-up experiments can one man do that come full-circle 20 years later?
    Anna Torv is excellent, though.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I want to say more than two months, but that might be a little high.

6. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Anyone watch the season finale tonight? I know a lot of the stuff is just way out there, but this show keeps me entertained. Season finale was pretty cool, too.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Saw it.
    Nice twist when you realize the building they are standing in.
    Also a nice twist when they cut to the tombstone and you see the name.
    I won't spoil it, but it was pretty cool and could set up a big story line in the future.
    I was glad to see that it was picked up for a second season.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That ending creeped the fuck out of me, and I was only like one-quarter paying attention.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It took me a couple of seconds for it to hit, but when it did, the ending was pretty much a Wow, they went there, like a punch in the gut.
    The Post headline was pretty interesting as well if you think about the possible meaning of "New White House" especially as it relates to the closing scene.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

We had to rewind it...I said to my wife "Is that what I think it was?"

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Just got done watching the season finale. Like Jay said, Wow.

I'm wondering if they knew they were coming back when they filmed the finale. If it wasn't coming back, that could have been a series closer I would have been satisfied with even with the twists at the end.

One thing they didn't go back to in the finale, but will be interesting in the fall is Olivia's hallucinations if they were really were her peeks into the other reality.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

I think they were trying to make that connection last week. Showing that the spontaneous combusting twins were together in one reality and estranged in the other. There was also a scene (I think in Boston?) where she saw a bunch of buildings on fire and Charlie mentions that half the city is in quarantine. I assume that meant a biological attack? It all makes much more sense now than it did then.

Draft saved Draft deleted