1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Sports Releases Mock 2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 7, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I do agree with you, though. I think the Lions should grab Oher from Mississippi and possibly Laurinaitis with their second pick. The Lions could very easily trade away a few later draft picks to the Pats in return for Matt Cassel. That, however, may not work as it seems the Pats might keep him until they are certain that Brady will be back 100% for the 2009-2010 season.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

is sanchez leaving school?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He might. ESPN.com rated him as the No. 15 prospect on their board, if he comes out.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I believe he's still deciding on that decision. He has until next Thursday to decide, so he has a big choice to make until then.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

seahawks drafting stafford is a waste. he's overrated as any player in this draft and seneca wallace is not a bad option there for much cheaper dollars.

Maualuga seems like a good fit in San Fran, under Singletary and paired with Willis.

Would Harvin really fall to 32? Wow.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought the same way about Matt Ryan a year ago. Too many interceptions, didn't get all the hype just because he played in a pro system ... and the Falcons were right. I think Stafford playing behind a patchwork line and throwing to so-so receivers probably hurt him this year, but he's got all the tools to be a good NFL quarterback.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't Terrence Cody already say he's staying in school?

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yes, actually.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/secconf/0-3-132/Cody-says-he-will-return-to-Alabama-next-season.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bubbler releases mock indignation about mock drafts three months ahead of the real thing.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would like to think the Hawks are going to draft a RB, cause Jones is best when he can share carries with someone. But I don't think they will.

11. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The last Sooner to go to Detroit died on the vine, essentially: Teddy Lehman.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I wondered what happened to Lehman. He was a solid player at OU.

Draft saved Draft deleted