1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Sports Releases Mock 2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They still have Charlie Frye, as well, right?

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's not a good thing.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just find it interesting that they are predicting the Giants will have the 31st pick and the Titans No. 32. I guess they're predicting Tennessee over New York in the Super Bowl.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or just going with the picks based on the standings as they are right now.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

What's more important: winning games or not admitting you were wrong?

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That's not a trade. Lions already have No. 20 from Dallas in the Roy Williams deal.

I would love to see the Chiefs land Smith, but I'm sure they'll do something stupid with that pick instead. What they really should do is trade down to about the 8-10 range and grab one of the top defensive ends, preferably Everette Brown or Brian Orakpo.

7. Are you asking me as a message board poster or as a bullheaded GM? Because your answer will affect mine.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Poster.

9. Winning games, obviously.

But NFL GMs can be pigheaded sumsabitches.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Are you convinced that Laurinitis will be a great pro linebacker?

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't see any way in hell the Titans take a receiver in the first round.

That's what they should do, but that's what they should have done several times in the past few years, and they haven't done it yet.

I guess you could say they're the opposite of Matt Millen (but that's not a bad thing). I hated the Chris Johnson pick last year. Shows what I know...

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Put me at the other end of the spectrum. Most teams, when they commit to winning, it starts on the offensive and defensive lines. They ought to draft whichever tackle they like the best with the No. 1 pick, then spend the second No. 1 on Sanchez or use the extra pick acquired from Dallas to get Matt Cassel, who (presumably) would help them become a winner in less time.

Draft saved Draft deleted