1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports cuts web writing staff

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by playthrough, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Or Philadelphia.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY [/crossthread]

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

love the Simpsons. But that line has no context for what we were discussing. It is ironic and funny to think that YankeeDink was Googling, "Out of touch + funny" though.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looked specifically for that meme. It's been shared here before.

"Out of touch" might not be the issue, but you have a "the problem is with all of them" attitude. You know how that goes. The problem might be with you.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Or Atlanta.

Maybe Katie can come on this thread to explain her absence.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What's the problem exactly? I was making zero problems with anyone. You're the asshat who called people out directly in a conversation that had nothing to do with them, some conversation that had to do with Dick and why he was suspended. If I cared more, I'd research the thread, but I don't care. My reply to you got erased by the moderators, but the sentiment stands: GFY.

I'm not here to make friends or kiss anyone's ass in the hopes they will like a damn thing I say. I'm not politically correct and I don't apologize for speaking what I see as the truth.

Your problem is you seem to have no outlets other than this board. Have you ever tried posting at nonsportsjournalists.com?

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Not siding with CD's initial assessment, but I am amused by Yankee Fan protecting us all from what he feels is misogyny.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You can't, but Oliver and Trevor Noah rip nightly on America anyway.

Point is, you can craft a show that's not centered on fandom of any team. That might mean sacrificing some part of one's identity to do so, and I know millennials are never supposed to betray any part of their true selves, but so the TV rat race can go.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm amused that said poster actively hate posts and hate reads journalism yet spends considerable online time on a journalism site.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I never got the Katie Nolan hype. She felt like someone foisted on America as HEY LOOK A GOOD-LOOKING CHICK LIKES SPORTS AND HAS OPINIONS ABOUT THEM HOLY FUCK WE FOUND BIGFOOT. But that's what you get from Fox. You don't have to look hard these days to find good-looking chicks who like sports and have opinions about them (I married one). She was fine, but I never got the idea there was anything more than what she offered. And Alma nails her ability to bat at low-hanging fruit. Pretty easy to hate Jerry Jones and sound like an aggravated Boston sports fan.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed, but, with some liberals, it - and by "it" I mean the interpretation of words in general, comedy or otherwise - goes further. If you are the wrong person, an uncool person, a person who doesn't have all the right opinions, the wrong words don't merely make it wrong or unfortunate, it makes you immoral - hell, amoral. It makes you a bad person. Potentially irredeemable. Shun worthy. Words are held in such high regard - words matter so much - that the wrong message can come define the wrong person in total.

The buried message underneath the shows of Bee and Oliver and Trevor Noah - all playing out of the Jon Stewart playbook - is Fuck you, asshole. It's funny at times, but you never lose sight of it being something else. It's contempt.

And I write that as someone who doesn't necessarily prefer the Fallon humor.

FileNotFound and SFIND like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hate reads?

Draft saved Draft deleted