1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports cuts web writing staff

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by playthrough, Jun 26, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Well, she is certainly more of a journalist, commentator or comedian than you'll ever be, so there's that

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nolan is the overbearing but sometimes funny Boston sports fan you can find seated behind you at any Bruins game who just happens to be an attractive young woman. It's a tough fit, because Simmons kind of cornered the first part of that act a long time ago.

3. CD Boogie

Yeah this right here basically sums up how people jump to stupid conclusions around here and take things out of context. Well done

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. CD Boogie

You should Google better; you might actually find something funny, which you are obviously incapable of creating on your own.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Comedy is really hard to get right, and one of its inherent dangers is that when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. (I am not telling you something you don't know.) I agree with you that nightly makes it tougher. So much material to produce. Weekly is probably right, with special appearances around big events, maybe. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how you have a funny, smart, attractive woman under contract and you don't have her on the air for... What's it been? Five months? Yet you find a prominent place for a ghoul like Bayless.

I don't know anything about anything, but I'd love to know the whole story here.

7. CD Boogie

Sexual harassment. Abrupt firing of Horowitz. Attractive young woman in Katie Nolan who has not been on air. There might be a workable math formula in here.

8. typefitter

Yeah, I'm not sure guessing at such things is a good idea.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. typefitter

I will say that it would probably be better, career-wise, if she were a huge fan of LA or Chicago sports teams.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You don't think The Simpsons (and more specifically that line) is funny?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can't help where you grow up as a fan.

12. typefitter

Nope. Just ask someone from Buffalo.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted