1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports 1: Another Murdoch propaganda foghorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Other than that weird Harbaugh interview, I do not know what Cowherd has said for many years and don't care. Is he still working out his mid-life crisis through the prism of beautiful women and supermodels, or no?

To the extent Whitlock has a point about liberalism in America, he erodes it with his sheer contradictory nature. He argues in circles, stirs the pot and is really insecure.

Clay Travis is the guy from the Bible who'll gladly inherit the whole world only to lose his soul. Smart guy. Needs success too much.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Do NOT make the mistake I made tonight and turn on FS1 when this shitshow Fox Sports Live is on. It has apparently been revamped and somehow is FAR worse than before. The two douchebags (OToole/Onrait) in a man cave type deal and working in horrible fan tweets along with the highlights, and they even had what appeared to be a midget sidekick/engineer. The few minutes I watched, some UFC fighter and these two clowns were breaking movie-prop bottles over their heads. What a fucking embarrassment.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh. Holy shit. New segment. "Jay & Dan's Dick Pics". Then a photo ... Former Yankees pitcher Dick Tidrow... With some pithy comments. So fucking horrible.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I used to like them when they were in Canada. I don't get FS1 here so I assume they've gone off the deep end.

Iron_chet likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

One of the best nicknames, Dirt. All I've pretty much watched on FS1 is soccer. Has Tidrow been 0n TV for a while? Think last remember seeing him was Yanks Old Timers Day at least 10 years ago.

Edit: Damn thought Tidrow was on the show.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Guess I misrepresented the joke. Dick Pic = photo of Dick Tidrow. Haaaaaaa!

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And for the record, I can't change the channel. It just started over, and I want to see how bad it can get. Hey, I've got beer and nowhere to be. But damn. I rescind my earlier statement on avoiding it. You HAVE to watch at least once. Like a bad parody of SNL/Jimmy Fallon.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What, was the Dick Trickle photo archive offline at Getty? Or just too expensive?

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How bout a Dick Pole pic?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And we thank you for taking one for the team. This is the network that was going to knock off the WWL?

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I had hoped. But wow. What a mess.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

As you people know, comedy is insanely hard to do-- for professional comedians.

Ask Jerry Seinfeld or Larry David or Jim Gaffigan about the pressure to be funny day after day. And to come up with original funny shit.

If you're an amateur trying to be funny on TV on a regular basis ?

Good luck with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted