1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News refers to Michelle Obama as Barack's "Baby Mama"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I wasn't aware we were gassing people at our "secret prisons". I also wasn't aware we were forcing muslims to wear pink triangles on their clothing so we could identify them.

I get it. You don't like Bush. But you lose any claim to sanity when you compare him to animals like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jesus, people. Can we please stop referring to Bush as another Hitler? Want to call him a war criminal? That's one thing. But another Hitler. C'mon.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Are any of our regular conservative posters going to call this out for the bullshit it is?

It's one thing to say "libs engage in the same thing," but first and foremost you have to call out Fox for this.

I honestly don't think John McCain would be amused by this.

4. Armchair_QB

Of course it's bullshit. I don't there's any disagreement on that. November can't get here quick enough.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It isn't just bullshit, it is tainted with racism. It fills in the stereotype of the unwed mother having the black father's baby.

Is anyone really shocked that this was on Fox News?

6. I'll call it out as BS (even though I'm an Independent). Fox should have spent most of the next day apologizing.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread because the level of discourse is in the gutter. I'm only commenting now because Lugnuts is a lady.

7. Armchair_QB

Don't know about the racism part. Around here "baby mama" is a multicultural term.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Maybe Fox News meant in the way the movie Baby Mama meant it and it was a joke saying that Michelle was in fact not capable, oh never mind.
    Blatantly racist, no other way around it.
    I say someone on Fox calls Obama a coon or a mulatto before they drop the N bomb.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hats off to you two, Chris and AQB-- our classy conservatives.

Anybody else?

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Look up fictitious in the dictionary someday. You own a dictionary?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Puhhhhhhhhhhhhlease!

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.slate.com/id/2141083/

Draft saved Draft deleted