1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News refers to Michelle Obama as Barack's "Baby Mama"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 11, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On that, I share your disgust. Absolutely unnecessary.

But let's be honest. Fox is a bit more high-profile that Daily Kos and its "ilk".

However, just because one side does it, it's ok for the other side to do the same? Weak argument.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are our concentration camps still running full steam?

Fucking idiot.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OK see I can do this too, because, if, as I do, you accept the premise that Barrack and Michelle Obama had sex at least twice, causing the birth of their two children, well, then Michelle would certainly qualify as Barrack's Baby Mama.......

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There is no ACCUSING Bush of being a murderer.

He is one.

There is a short list of leaders who have killed MORE people for fictitious "reasons".

More than 1 million Iraqis dead, and tens of thousands of our best and brightest incapacitated.... or dead.

Pull your head out.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For the record, many of the same things were said about Bill Clinton while he was in office. So the holier-than-thou argument doesn't apply here. Certainly not as an excuse for Fox to say what it said. To argue otherwise is absolutely disingenious.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Nice personal insult.

Just because George Bush isn't as good at killing people as Hitler doesn't make the comparison any less valid.

And while our concentration camps are woefully inferior, our secret prisons are just fine.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So what you're saying is that Fox News is no better than a partisan blog.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That is correct, and nobody here is arguing that she isn't. The argument is that Fox is referring to her in a way that they wouldn't if she were, perhaps, Cindy McCain, and that it is race-baiting.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

If that racially-tinged term appearing on a network newscast doesn't disgust you, then I'm not sure what hope you have as a human being.

10. How DARE anyone hold Fox News -- fair and balanced, you know -- to a higher standard than they do a crackpot commentor on the Web!
    That's disgraceful!
    The right jumped all over Rather for his Bush report. Did he call Bush a cokehead?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Under your line of thinking every president in American history is a murderer then.

Hell, Roosevelt and LBJ "murdered" more people than Bush did. But they were Democrats so I guess that's ok.

Fucking idiot.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

"Baby Mama" is a reference to someone that you are not married to. Michelle isn't Obama's Baby Mama. She is Obama's wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted