1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News drops all pretenses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, May 30, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Should be "them," but who am I to stand in the way of journalists relieving stress? Whatever I can do to help.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

Ha. Touche.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, that's funny...

4. Sharkmc

Sharkmc New Member

So it's a sin when "Fox and Friends" airs what many on the left label a "hit piece" on President Obama's first three-and-a-half years in office. The left-leaning major media insists the clip finally puts to an end an pretense Fox News isn't partisan. But it's fine when MSNBC does something similar to Mitt Romney. This article puts some of this into perspective: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/05/msnbc-produced-its-own-anti-romney-video-february/52994/
    It seems to me both are hit pieces, yet one is fine with some people and the other is outrageous. I guess it all depends on your persective, huh?

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

And you can claim to be "Independent" or "Center-Right" all you want. I've read your posts.

6. Sharkmc

Sharkmc New Member

You have no fucking clue about where I'm coming from after 18 posts! I never said I was "independent." But since you asked, I'll tell you flat out: I am a conservative who believes in a big tent and I am tolerant and listen to all views. So that disqualifies me from pointing out an obvious contradiction? Uncle.Ruckus you are obviously a liberal, who believes conservatives walk around with earplugs in their ears, and should shut up and let the "grown-ups" run the country.

7. Sharkmc

Sharkmc New Member

While I'm at it, all conservatives aren't evil just as all liberals aren't the devil incarnate, although from listening to the far-right and far-left precincts you'd believe that's true. We simply disagree on the right course for this country, and we all better get back to talking to each other, I mean really talking and listening, or we are all in trouble. I don't mean just we the people, but our leaders in Washington, D.C., who all seem to believe demonizing the other side will accomplish something.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There is no "far-left" in the United States. Discuss.

9. Sharkmc

Sharkmc New Member

But I'll bet you believe there is a far-right. Again, it depends on your perspective.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It really doesn't.

11. Sharkmc

Sharkmc New Member

Oh, but it does. I'm a conservative who knows there is a far-right in this country, but too many liberals fail to acknowledge there is a far-left. Why is that?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Because there isn't one.

Draft saved Draft deleted