1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News drops all pretenses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, May 30, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ailes has been pretty specific, albeit quietly, about what is news on FoxNews. Morning shows and prime time shows are not news, they are entertainment. The only news show which is fair and balanced is the 7:00 EST Fox News, everything else is agenda driven. Meanwhile, Ailes is a puppet, he just thinks he's a real boy. Murdoch and the Saudi Royal family own FoxNews and Ailes just does what he's told.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, why would a news organization think of running a retrospective on the first 3 1/2 years of a President's term and the results of said term?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, results like Bin Laden dead, health services for millions of people who didn't have them before and GM back to perfect health didn't seem to be a focus.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Channel surfing tonight... saw them bring the fake Obama birth certificate up again. [/facepalm]

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Perfect health"? How do you define that?

And, regarding health services, are you referring to the health plan that hasn't gone into full effect and could very well be ruled unconstitutional?

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

As always, thank you for delivering. The comedy is great.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fox still blowing that dog whistle? I didn't realize they followed Trump's lead.

8. dooley_womack1

Um, making a profit, not on brink. I'll take that as a plus, considering the slab of the work force saved thereby. And I'm referring to the numerous provisions that have gone into effect, including some my family has benefited from.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

From the Detroit News:

"Michigan firms held their own as the state placed 20 companies on the 2012 Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. firms.

General Motors Co. moved up to fifth place and Ford Motor Co. moved up to ninth as the auto industry continued to rebound.

The two companies — the largest in Michigan — accounted for $286.3 billion in revenue in 2011."

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The government saved health care and the auto industry. If a Wall Street takeover is next, then we'll really be making progress.

11. dooley_womack1

If Ricketts has his way, Romney will be saving the Cubs.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's comforting to the 1,300 people GM just put on a five-month vacation a few weeks ago...

Draft saved Draft deleted