1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Network Fighting with Time Warner Cable for Subscriber Fees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 28, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wait till the Comcast NBC deal gets done. I sure the competition will be overjoyed to put NBC on.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course, Obama owns TWC.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have no problem having any NBC family channel taken off my Charter system if it means fucking over Comcast

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Carrier fees for OTA stations are a bunch of bullshit. I hope TWC tells them to go fuck themselves.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, FOX is running these commercials telling you that your cable company is threatening to take your favorite shows and sports teams off the air, and to have you call TWC to protest.

Nevermind, that FOX are the ones threatening to take away the viewers' shows because they want TWC to pay them more. Just like it's news channel, more lies spewed from the network.

And as someone who has missed shows before due to cable wars, these behemoths are just crying out for government intervention.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Why shouldn't TWC pay Fox like they pay cable stations? Especially now that the analog signal is virtually gone. Many people were almost forced to buy a cable subscription when the affiliates all switched to digital.

8. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

By picking up one of those analog-to-digital boxes, I was able to ditch my cable. Unfortunately, it's starting to sound as if the networks are going to get rid of their affiliates over the next couple of years and go cable-only. I am most definitely NOT looking forward to becoming a cable subscriber again.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They were in no way forced to do anything of the sort. They needed only to pick up a converter box, free or virtually free with the government funding, and everything was fine. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of people ended up with more stations than they had before.

10. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

How will I be able to fall asleep at night if I can't jerk off to Glenn Beck?

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I don't understand this.

I went on my local Time Warner Cable office's site, and they have a box where you type in your zip code and they show what channels you'll lose if a deal isn't reached. I'd lose FX, Fox Soccer Channel and a bunch of other channels I don't give two shits about. It says nothing about network Fox or my local Fox Sports Net channel (i.e., the Fox channels I actually watch).

12. Time Warner had a full page color ad in our Monday paper outlining their side of the story.

Most folks around here have Suddenlink as their cable provider. Their rates went up $3 a month and we lost ESPN Classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted