1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox: Journalists used as human shields; CNN says not the case

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Spartan Squad, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fox News is reporting that Libyan officials are using journalists as human shields to prevent collation forces from bombing them. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/21/exclusive-libyans-use-journalists-human-shields/ CNN, who is among the journalists that Fox claims was being used, says its false. In fact, the guy who is on the ground in Libya from CNN says the Fox reporter wasn't even there and "I haven't seen him leave his hotel. I see him more at breakfast."

He goes on to say he expects lies from a dictator not other journalists.

Interesting

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You gonna believe someone from the Communist News Network over a real 'Merican at FOX?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I've got my own bias about which network I believe more, but the point was more that here's one 24-hour news network making an accusation that the other so vehemently says is false. Not sure who is right here, but I think the fight is more interesting than who is correct.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd say who is correct is more interesting.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

As do I. To use Occam's Razor to resolve it, CNN is the one I believe. They have the simpler/less-propaganda-froth-inducing story.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To be fair - I'm not sure even the most hardcore partisans have figured out who they are supposed to support or harp on in regards to Libya. "Obama the pussy" has no become "Obama the war monger."

8. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It was just an honest mistake by the same editor who is in charge of typing in Fox's party identifiers for politicians in scandal.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Probably the same guy who leaked A.J. Green's Wonderlic score.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

12. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Wow.

Good for him. I mean, not that I want a cable news slapfight to obscure coverage of Libya, but that was balls. That's the most eloquent way I've ever heard someone scream 'Pussy' for three minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted