1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox drops the ball

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fishhack2009, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Fox, as previously mentioned, has been wall-to-wall with this. If their opinion shows aren't covering it to the extent one wants, then head on over to MSNBC or whatever. But, again, these are the opinion shows. That's not "Fox Dropping the Ball." That's "Hosts of Opinion Shows I Do Not Agree with Dropping the Ball."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This begs the question if you are not satisfied with Fox why are you watching?

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's just someone wanting to pick nits with the opposing party, just for the sake of picking nits.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Uh, whatever. If you want to call yourself a journalist, then do journalism. Is that really so much to ask?

5. fishhack2009

Well, since the gasbags on your side excoriated him for speaking out too soon on Haiti and allegedly dividing the country ... I'd say you're trying to have it both ways.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

So they can bitch about it. And call everyone associated with it "stupid." Or make fun of the blonde female anchors. Or maybe they just like to watch Fox News so they can "catch" somebody in a bad moment. Or they hope to witness an instance that they can take completely out of context for further bashing fun. I don't agree with a lot of the crap on the opinion shows, but the Fox hammering just gets out of hand.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, so on a journalism board, we can't analyze FNC on the basis of its journalism? It doesn't really matter why F-Hack was watching.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Of course we can analyze. But that's not why this thread was started.

9. fishhack2009

Since you've got your ESPN finely tuned, care to tell us who's going to win tomorrow's games?

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes, please. I lost badly today. I need a few guaranteed winners.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There is nothing FOX News does that is not politically slanted and motivated. There is no discussion of it on the basis of journalistic content -- it has none. It is part of an ongoing effort on the part of a fascist billionaire foreigner to destroy journalism in the United States (as well as the rest of the English-speaking world), by reducing the discourse to tits, ass and monkey-shitflinging.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

An AFC team and an NFC team. :D

But there was an immediate tone to your thread, obviously. And you've made your politics quite clear elsewhere. And that's fine. But this was started to bash Fox. And I don't think if Rachel Maddow had "dropped the ball" on covering Haiti, you would have started a thread. That's all.

Draft saved Draft deleted