1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox drops the ball

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by fishhack2009, Jan 16, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hey Fox: We know you're busy and all wrapped up in trying to get Republicans back in power, but in case you haven't noticed, there's a humanitarian disaster just off our own shores.

It you want to be thought of as a news network, maybe you should, oh i don't know, cover the news?

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Had Fox on at the office all day Friday and it was wall to wall Haiti. What planet are you on?

3. fishhack2009

I'm mainly referring to the opinion shows. Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly and the rest of the lineup have been sorely lacking in this area. Hannity says he's a journalist. So where is he?

And take a look at the so-called "Fox Nation" website today if you want to see where the priorities are.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/75066/

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I've been listening to your ilk for years tell me how Fox wasn't a legitimate news organization, blah, blah, blah. So what's the problem? Plus, I thought watching Fox was beneath you geniuses.

[​IMG]

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I guarantee you if the talking heads on Faux News could use the disaster to bash Obama, they'll be doing it.

You watch. It's coming.

7. fishhack2009

Thanks for your usual meaningless contribution, Bunch of Meaningless Letters Guy.

And yeah, stuff like this pretty much confirms what anyone with a brain already knows about Fox.

Sorry that some real news pushed your bogus Harry Reid story off the radar, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes.

Oh, and one more thing: Lighten up, Francis... :D

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And here... we ... go.

9. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

shouldnt this really be on the poly board? i mean, we all know its going to turn into a pissing match...

10. fishhack2009

If we still had one, perhaps ...

11. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I guess you could also tell that to your president, who used his weekly radio address this morning to bitch about the banks and why taxing them is a good idea.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And he'll be spending the day tomorrow focusing on politics in Massachusetts.

Draft saved Draft deleted