1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Loko banned in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 18, 2010.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

It's not necessary. The FDA put the screws to the drink and a few like it. I had never heard of this stuff. But I used to know a guy who would stop drinking after about seven or eight beers. He would have a Coke or two. Then he'd start drinking again. He said it helped me stay sober. I tried it once, and I thought it made me more alert.

The criticism is that people who are drunk aren't aware that they are drunk. They expose themselves to alcohol poisoning and could do things such as drive because they believe they are sober. Of course, this causes me to wonder. Were people who were driving drunk more alert than if they had not had the caffeine? Perhaps the drink actually cut the chance of a drunken driving crash.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Why would this be any different than Red Bull and vodka?

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

My guess is that because it's actually being sold that way. With Red Bull and vodka, the person is doing the mixing theirself.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yep. In your own home, you can mix Drano and Rumpelminze if that's what you need to get your buzz on. Of course, I wouldn't recommend it.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It certainly would.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

try that with lines of coke if you really want to keep drinking.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If Jager and Rumple is a Dead Nazi, what's Drano and Rumple? A Frosty Plumber?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

As a fairly fundamental Darwinist, I think that they should lower the price.

9. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Liked this post a lot, mostly because of the outlaw riff.

However terrible it is, it can't be worse than Steel Reserve. And I say that as someone who is kind of afraid to try the Loko because I can't even imagine how much sugar it takes to make a cheap, 12% alcohol malt beverage palatable to teenyboppers.

I've been in my share of C-stores, groceries and liquor stores (I know, shocker), but I simply cannot recall seeing Everclear on a shelf. Is it banned in certain states or something? Or do very few stores choose to carry it?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's banned in certain states. Iowa isn't one of them.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I did a story on it this week for TV. It tastes nasty but "gets the job done".

However, I WILL be taking one with me to the in-laws this week. You know, just in case I need it...

12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I hope they let you refrigerate it. Pounding that bad boy warm on the sly could be pretty wicked. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted