1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Loko banned in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x1996460848/State-clamps-ban-on-Four-Loko-related-drinks

Has anybody here tried this stuff?
    Obviously, it can't be good for you, but should it be legal?

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

yeah should be legal. the more i see shit like this the more it reminds me of married with children and Al's No Maam campaign.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Iowa's considering pulling them off the shelves. I'm mixed about it, because people who get sick off of it are those who chug it like it's a kegger.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Will try one tomorrow.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's a vile substance, and because it has a reputation now, every idiot in college who wants to prove their badassery chugs them like candy. I'm not really sure how I feel about it being banned - On one hand, it only adds to the reputation. On the other, it is so craptastic that I don't think people will really go that nuts to find it.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

get the watermelon or fruit punch

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Wrote an article about this yesterday. Up here, the local stores don't give a crap about the ban, they only sell about 3-4 cases a week. There's a college campus about 15 minutes down the road though and I'm sure they're more affected.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yup. One of my joys in life is reporting the exact inventory of confiscated alcohol. (Not sarcasm - I find the mixtures in people's backpacks so bizarre and awesome.)

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yet you can still buy Everclear.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

So if caffeine and alcohol in prepackaged beverages fail the FDA's smell test, do we start banning Jagerbombs and rum and cokes? Remember: If you outlaw drinking Four Loco, only outlaws will drink Four Loco.

I'm going to buy some this weekend before the MAN comes down on me.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Bubbler writing about a night with a bottle of Four Loko would be internet gold.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Michigan and Washington have also banned it a couple weeks ago. Had a thread on it then.

Maybe we should have a new thread for when each of the 50 states throws down the ban.

Draft saved Draft deleted