1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Co-Worker of Mine Arrested for Bank Robberies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by editorhoo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. There was this rare coins place in Worcester that had really old coins embedded in the linoleum in the floor. This guy broke into the store in the dead of night and took a blade and cut up the linoleum into pieces (the rest of the coins were locked in a safe). The same guy went back into the coin store the next day to write up the break-in for the Worcester Telegram and Gazette. The guy was sweating bullets thinking the owner of the store would know he was the guy who did the deed. When the owner told the "reporter" that the coins in the linoleum were worth less than $50 - the reporter fainted. The owner thought he was having a heart attack.

The reporter was never found out and now works for the Boston Herald.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I once worked at a paper where the cops/court reporter was arrested for DUI and spent the night in jail. He kept his job and his beat. Worst paper ever.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Same thing happened at my old paper, though the lady (who was extremely unattractive) first offered to give the cop head and after he declined she started yelling at him to call the Chief, because she knew him.

She wrote a letter of apology and then was fired about 2 months later.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine from high school had a psychotic break in his early twenties and killed 7 members of his family. Not funny. Just true.

5. And good morning to you, ma'am.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I knew someone about a dozen years ago who did the "note pass" thing and got 10 years for armed robbery because he pretended to have a gun. But it was a state rap, not federal. Probably a good thing because he was out on parole in about two. No parole in federal PMITA prison.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well, I worked with the guys who screwed the picnic table. That's pretty much all I got.

Well, I once killed a drifter to get an erection [Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond]

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Was it in Reno?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've known people who have committed felonies including one on death row and a few others serving life. I have family members incarcerated.
    Things happen. Some people decide to go down paths that will put them behind bars or worse.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

A guy I used to teach with and was once pretty good friends with got busted for meeting one of his students in a car across from school, smoking pot with her and having her perform sexual acts on him. Happened almost daily for a number of months. Pretty shocking -- none of us who knew him had any idea he'd do anything like this. More shocking was that his wife stuck with him.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a co-worker of mine received an open container at my last stop.

12. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Slightly different from the other posts here, but I went to high school with Patrick Denehy, that Baylor basketball player who was killed by his teammate a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted