1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Co-Worker of Mine Arrested for Bank Robberies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by editorhoo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

A dude who used to be our Sunday editor was picked up for allegedly robbing two banks (it's pretty obvious he's guilty. He was tailed home by a customer after the second robbery and subsequently arrested a little later).

Funny thing is the two banks he jacked are less than a half mile from his house AND our office.

So it got me thinking. I'll bet a lot of you have some interesting stories about people you've worked with who have committed felonies or general nefarious acts.

Let's hear 'em.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Better yet, we could hear them.

:D

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I once killed a man to watch him die.

4. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Corrected. ;)

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

So, umm, is this a D_B from the last thread we had about an SJ bank robbery? Just checkin'.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/45750/

6. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Maybe there's a whole new crook, editor element we're only beginning to uncover.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

And is Delia still gone?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In terms of criminal activity, bank robberies are pretty high risk/low reward - the average haul is typically around $3,000 max from a "note pass." The good news is, when you get caught you go to a federal facility, which in most cases are nicer than state pens with a better class of criminal.
    Some of the stuff done with identity theft though is pretty inspired.
    Maybe I should have posted this on the "getting out of the business" thread.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

One of my very good friends, who use to work for me as a part-timer, and did my taxes (hopefully the IRS doesn't come calling) got nailed for illegal acts and had a warrant for his arrest.

He eventually went on the lam and then was caught out of state, extradited and sent to a federal prison for cheating folks out of money.

He's a nice guy (though, the journalist in me says, "Everyone says the person is a nice guy, he must be a complete fuckup" but really he is a nice guy and I'd have a beer with him in the future.) Anywhoo, he's somewhere in the federal prison system, though I can't figure out where. I wish I could figure it out, because I was going to send him a letter.

Wait. What? You wanted to hear my grave-digging or toothpaste stories instead?

Sorry. This one wasn't as fun.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I definitely want to hear that toothpaste story again. It was funny reading the thread, and seeing it go almost 2 pages before somebody finally said Whoa, WTF?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i can't believe i missed the toothpaste thread.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Random Thoughts I, IIRC.

Draft saved Draft deleted