1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former child stars acting like (roosters) toward Kirk Cameron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sorry, that was my post. Acronym forgot to log out. And I forgot to check. Again.

I'll re-post:

No one is having sex with Blossom these days. She's one of those weirdo moms who breastfeeds her kids until they get pubic hair. Also, she and her husband and children all sleep together on mattresses on the floor in their one bedroom apartment or house, or whatever the hell they're being granola in. Just nonsense.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Honestly, I would go with the breastfeeding scenario. That's just making it all about the mom and not about the child. I find it so fucked up.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My best friend from high school has breastfed all of her kids WAY too long. I think until like 4 or 5 each. They also all slept together when there were just two kids. Now that there are four, I think the older kids have beds.

I disagree with a LOT of things she does, but hey, it's her life and her family. Bless her, and I hope the kids are prepared for the real world.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The bird thing is fucked up, too. That just seems stupid more than anything else, though. How do you not realize you're transferring all the bacteria from your mouth to your child's mouth? Jesus.

And to add to what IJAG said, I know that criticizing mom methods are generally a bad idea. Blossom can obviously do whatever she wants, and her kids will probably be fine. I'll just never understand it.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My wife decided not to breastfeed and a couple of the nurses at the hospital practically attacked her...

I actually had to request that one of them not be allowed in the room again.

6. Mizzougrad96

My oldest is in kindergarten and there are kids in his class who still use pacifiers and wear pull-ups.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is there a market for being the 9 to 6?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Tonight, in a very special Blossom...."

Oh, and one of my best friends has a cousin who banged Carmen Electra at the Playboy Mansion. It didn't hurt his chances that he plays in the NHL and had a high enough profile for a while that he later married a second-tier Baywatch babe.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In almost every way, the nurses at the hospital where my daughter was born were amazing. The one issue I had with them was the pressure they put on my wife to breast feed.

We has major issues with it and ended up having to switch to formula fairly early on. If it works, it's great. But for whatever reason, our daughter wasn't putting on enough weight and our pediatrician advised us to make the switch. We would have done it sooner, but all the crap the nurses had given us made her feel guilty.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Josie Davis played two characters on Beverly Hills 90210 (the last being David's last girlfriend before he married Donna). I'm typically not a fan of short hair on women, but she really pulled it off well. Saw her on something (not Chuck) recently and she is definitely aging well.

Now off to Google, per Mizzou's orders. :D

11. Mizzougrad96

You are welcome. :D

12. Mizzougrad96

I just remember my wife telling the nurse in question that we had decided, with the support of our pediatrician and the OBGYN, that we were going to bottle-feed. The nurse said to my wife, "That's just stupid, I'll show you the proper way to do it."

I kind of stepped in and said, "This is something we've thought about for awhile and consulted the doctors... So no thanks..."

She came back five minutes later with all these breastfeeding-Nazi pamphlets. She then practically started yelling at my wife. This was about 8 a.m. and our kid had been born about seven hours before and neither of us had slept. I was ready to kill her.

I told the doctor that under no circumstances was that nurse to enter the room again. We told the story to our pediatrician and she encouraged us to file a complaint, which I said, "I'll only do that if she comes in here again..." Fortunately, it didn't come to that.

Draft saved Draft deleted