1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgive the lateness of my reply

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because I've been helping my fiancee move in with me, I've been sitting on my 5,000th post for about a week until higher brain function returned. Of course, who's to say my brain has ever worked properly; but at least I'm now well-rested so here goes ...

I've been lurking on SportsJournalists.com since last summer, but didn't post till March. And like Songbird trying an eight-ball of pure Colombian for the first time, I was hooked. This site immediately helped me gain inside info on a pair of job offers I was considering, so even if it had stopped there, it would have been well worth my time.

But the benefits of SportsJournalists.com didn't stop there, no sir. (Sorry if this reads like an infomercial.)

I've made a ton of friends, and some solid contacts in the business, so the first person I need to thank is Webby for setting the whole damned thing up. Congrats, Webby. You've become my personal China White dealer. (And sorry the donation hasn't come yet; having a fiancee costs money, I'm finding out. :D)

I really need to thank is sportschick for turning me on to the site, and giving me some pointers early on after I started out posting in pube-like dicksnortedness. Moddy and Idaho also deserve some credit on this one.

I also need to thank carrie for giving me some much-needed design pointers, and also jmacg and Jones for helping me trim the fat off my writing. I owe all three of you some beers if you're ever out my way.

And what thank you list would be complete without giving props to BYH for starting the now-deleted Charlie Brown thread, which brought joy to so many of us. These next eight seconds are for you, BYH.

I'd also like to tip my cap to Bubbler and writing irish for being the most entertaining posters on SJ. Your rambling non-sequiturs are an inspiration to us all. Zeke's also damned entertaining, if in a more brief fashion.

Also need to give a quick shout-out to Cadet for her love of haiku, and IJAG -- not only for Heathers- and Ice-jacks -- but for her friendship.

Now on to the equally revered and reviled late-night crew. Flasher, BBAM, buckdub and Norm, it was great shooting the shit with you night after night, even if it pissed off a whole lot of people. You're all invited to the wedding. Hooray beer! Honorable mention to pallister, even if he is a filthy fucking White Sox fan. Thanks for the beer, buddy.

Hell, I even need to thank Boom. That's right, you read that correctly. I need to thank him for reminding me that however bad things get and however bad I feel some days, it could be worse -- I could be like him. I love you, Boom.

Last, but not least, I need to thank my fiancee, spup1122, aka The Future Mrs. Doc, aka Tits McGee, aka The Love of My Life. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life, and it's all because of you.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks, SJ, for making my life a little better these last six months.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Congrats on having your sex life go in the crapper your happiness!

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah, I remember when ChiCity81 Good Doc first came on the site. What an insufferable prick!

Now I know him better...and he's still an insufferable prick.

Here's to never changing, pally! :D

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Awwwwwwww. I love you too, Doc. Congrats on making the move from troll to valued member. ;D

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Don't worry, Doc, I've been called much worse by IJAG than "prick."

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

When did that happen? :p ;D ;)

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Valued member might have been too strong a description. :D

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Fetch me a beer, Mr. 5,000.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It just means she likes you. At least that's what I tell myself.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Inky, I'm dead to her. So she says.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She's said the same thing to me multiple times. I think the last one was after I sent her a link to the "Pahlamalu" song before the Super Bowl.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She told me I was dead to her after I bashed Puke Duke.

Draft saved Draft deleted