1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget a hybrid, this is my next car....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 9, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2008 Mustang Bullitt.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/asset/32661

[​IMG]

A new cold-air intake system, new full-dual exhaust system and recalibrated engine management system boost the 4.6 L V8's horsepower from 300 to 315, and peak torque from 320 to 325 lb.

Author's comment: Best Mustang yet, assuming you're old enough to know who Steve McQueen was

And only a little over $30 grand in the U.S.--that's about $28,000 in loonies. :)(

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not a bad buy, JR, but ...

1) Has Ford done something about the rear suspension. Hard to believe that in this day and age, a manufacturer can't design four-wheel independent suspension. The rear axle looks like something out of a tractor-trailer.
    2) Are Ford's mechanical bits any more dependable long-term? This used to be a Ford strength, but like the other domestic manufacturers, the company got lazy and sat back as the Japanese quickly surpassed them in this area. (It's the only reason I don't want to pounce on the Mazdaspeed 3).

I'd still take an Acura NSX, the new version of the Fairlady (or GT-R) that Nissan will finally export out of Japan - or a good ol' Z.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sam,

I'm a car retard. Trust me

I happened to like the movie and the 315 HP. :)

Our next car will probably be a used Plymouth Valiant. :)_

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

How many cupholders?

5. joe

joe Active Member

Ford built the Bullitt and a new Mach I a few years ago before the retro styling. In 2001, while trying to find gold cobras and SVT logos to replace the ones that were ripped off my Cobra, I talked to a design guy at Ford who confirmed the rumors about the Bullitt and Mach I. Even with the 1999 to 2006 body style, they're pretty sweet.
    I believe the Bullitt is only offered in that Steve McQueen green.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

From the article near the end...

That's if you buy it in Canada. It's $28,250 in loonies if you purchase it in the US, I think.
    That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think you can get it in black but why would you want to?

Damn car makes me want to go rent that movie again.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

A guy I know has the older model Bullitt, but it's not in green, it's in blue.

I've loved Mustangs since the first one came out when I was about 5, but I'll buy another one when Bill Ford personally comes to my house and apologizes to me about the festering POS 1998 Mustang GT that he built and I was foolish enough to buy.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Sorry, couldn't resist.

My next wheels will probably be something like the Mazda MX9. Bad ass, ain't I?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And it doesn't make sense to 35 million Canucks.

Now that the loonie is around $1.05 us, why are we paying 30% more for stuff imported from the U.S.?

People are crossing the border in droves. Canadian retailers better wake up.

Cars are different. It's a bureaucratic nightmare to import autos from the U.S.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Shoulda got the '98 Cobra. Drop-top. Much better than the GT. You can even drive it to the Dairy Queen.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because there is NO better color. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted