1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore, please -- 78th Masters running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 6, 2014.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

With no Tiger this year, I would love to go. My attorney is going Thursday with his wife but then he's going out of the country Friday on a case. Don't see me getting my mitts on those badges. Maybe the big bosses will come through and say, hey, come up on the plane again and help us show some clients around.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The former Iowan in me would love to see Zach Johnson win his second Masters, and as noted, he's playing well.

If they're in it on Sunday, I'll be pulling for Rory or Jason Day ... both stellar young guns. Day has played the course well when he's not hurt.

And where's the love for Patrick "Top 5" Reed"? Will he back up the talk, or wilt under Augusta pressure? (I'm guessing the latter)

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its a shame that Dustin cannot putt because course is made to for his powerful game; I'm rooting for Rory simply so I can get his duck hook on the 11th out of my memory and store something else there.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Notable pairings:

Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy and Patrick Reed (last group on Friday)
    Graham McDowell, Ricky Fowler and Jimmy Walker
    Zach Johnson, K.J. Choi, Steve Stricker
    Adam Scott, Jason Dufner, Matthew Fitzpatrick
    Jason Day, Henrick Stenson, Dustin Johnson
    Bubba Watson, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia
    Phil, Ernie, Justin Rose (second-to-last group on Thursday)

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sergio Garcia played pretty well last week, finishing third at the Shell Houston Open. Which probably means he'll stink it up this week.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Have you ever watched him prepare for a shot or putt?

7. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Keegan Bradley is a much faster player than Jim Furyk, who never seems to get the kind of shit Kevin Na and Ben Crane do.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Slow play is affecting everyone. I worked a recent tournament for Golf Channel and the five-hour round was pretty average. Maybe we need a shot clock in golf as well as baseball. It should not take more than 4 1/2 hours to play 18 holes.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Congratulations to Phil for recovering from his muscle pull in time to play at Shell and The Masters.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've notice that the announcers are totally thrown off when a guy plays his shot from the fairway only a few seconds after the prior player.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the club didn't replace the Eisenhower Tree. Without it, the hole looks . . . blah.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Most surprising score of the day....... 2007 champion Zach Johnson 5-over through 15.

Draft saved Draft deleted