1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Weather is dodgy today tomorrow and Thursday. Friday-Sunday very warm and dry.
    Ye Olde Chef predictions:
    Tiger makes cut.
    Rahm top 15
    DJ MC
    Rory Top 5
    Koepka finally wins a jacket.
    Truth be told, I would love to see Rory win one, but I think this old girl just has his number.
    Just like Arnold never won a PGA, Snead with the US Open, Phil with the US Open, Watson with PGA……sometimes it just doesn’t happen.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the only question about this Masters is if that missed putt in Houston is still rattling around Scheffler's head. If not, he wins. If it is, then I have no idea who will.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's a fun debate now, who has the easier path to a career Grand Slam: Rory who just needs the Masters, or Spieth needing a PGA. One could argue for Rory in that the venue won't change, except I also think it's way in his head.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Pencil in Spieth for his traditional top-5 finish.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I looked up stats for year and Spieth has been very good in all aspects and is ready to break through.

Rory is so damn honest, it could get in his head for a while.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

For Spieth to win anything again, he's going to have to flatten out the roller coaster his game has become.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Saw Scheffler's wife is pregnant and due to deliver at the end of the month.

He says he'll WD if the baby comes early. That is the only thing that makes him a risky pick, imo.

And yes, that irks me that I don't know whether to pick him in the work Masters pool.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He's Josh Allen. When he's on, it's incredible.

When he's not, he's hitting it onto the clubhouse roof on a par-5 and taking a double.

It's exciting, but it's not sustainable.

Chef2 likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh to be a fly on the wall.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sam Burns said the same thing.

12. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

If not Rory than Spieth would be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted