1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's still weird for me that the PGA is next week. Will take some getting used to, but on the surface, I like it. Especially if it opens up for other courses to host that normally wouldn't in the death of mid-August.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Will be curious to see that. Daly will only be around for two days and I'll be surprised if TNT gives the cart any airtime.

The PGA has been the worst broadcast of the four majors for years, too many commercials and coverage of the club pros that aren't in contention. One random nugget is that this will the first time the same network has ever broadcast the first two majors, thanks to the new schedule.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's been a cold wet spring here in the Northeast. Wonder how the course will be. It was mighty wet at both Opens there.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Nelson right now.
    I've seen a lot of slow golfers before.
    Sung Kang may be the slowest. I counted one time from the time he addressed the ball.....not from when he got to the ball, or got the yardage..from the time he addressed the ball.....33 seconds.
    I thought he fell asleep.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Today was a washout. Monday will likely be a washout.

Tuesday and Wednesday look good for practice. And the weather looks pretty good for the PGA Championship

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If you take more than 10 5 seconds, anyone within 50 feet should be allowed to blast an air horn during your backswing.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And starting next year, TNT is out and ESPN has the first two days.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He has. But he’s blaming it on everyone else. And he’s dead wrong.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That should be an improvement.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Depends on who the broadcasters are. I could see Berman trying to legacy his way braack braack braack into the booth.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted