1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fordham hoops coach's wife is not happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, May 17, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dear Abby.

Of course people know exactly who they are and what they want in their early 20s, and that never changes over time. Mistakes aren't allowed.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My brother married his high school and college sweetheart when they were 22, I think. She might have been 21. They never had any kids and divorced amicably at age 25 or so. He wanted to be a city slicker. She wanted the picket fence and the two kids and a dog running around the yard. It just wasn't going to work, and it wasn't right for them to force it because they went to prom once upon a time.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You can work at marriage all you want, but it's damn hard to forget how people made you feel. I felt like shit in my marriage and so did my ex. Now we don't, and the hard feelings have largely dissipated. We sat together for my daughter's recent first communion and went to brunch together afterwards, her parents included. I gladly picked up the check. Life is too damn short to spend too much time in anger. She had been the one to pull the plug and so she got over it quicker than I did.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's not about "who they are and what they want." That always changes, through every stage of life. If you're married and haven't worked through a massive sea change like that with your spouse, you're one of the lucky ones.

The key is finding the right person who is willing to work through all of that and for whom you're willing to do the same. Which is something most shit-for-brains 20somethings, myself included, are not equipped to do yet.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn. This got deep

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Much like an MLB pitcher has to adjust when he starts losing his fast ball. He has to start pitching smarting to remain relevant which brings me to Bartolo Colon and his 2 families.
    http://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Coach Jeff looks like he's related to Jason Sudeikis

[​IMG]

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Looks like Pyle is getting the fuck off his obstacle for good.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

'course I never said that.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I married for the first and only time when I was 28. I am, however, my wife's second husband. She married her first when she was 19 and they were both in the Navy. I'm pretty sure it was a marriage of convenience between two kids who were immature, and it ended after 5 years when he started beating her up. By the time I got married, I'd sown most of whatever wild oats I was going to sow and looking to settle down. Even so, we've had a few rocky moments over the past 33 years, but we've adjusted and kept working at it. It's not always easy, but the rewards are worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted