1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fordham hoops coach's wife is not happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, May 17, 2016.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think I have. If, God forbid, I found myself in the market for a new spouse/partner/whatever, I'd probably draw the line at no younger than mid-40s (I'm 53). There are plenty of women in my age group that I find attractive, and there's no chance any would blindside me with an "I've decided I do want kids!" surprise ...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What's the cutoff? Ten?

3. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

From what I gather, this is a woman probably in her early 40s with no kids. That's like working without a contract during a recession.

No children in school means no therapy, no guilt for dad once he gets his first set of big paychecks.

A lot of wives are like NFL quarterbacks. The prettiest ones are usually taken early when they're 21 or 22, you give them three or four years to see if they're mentally together or if they break down and, just because they're elite at 28, they've got to work that much harder to stay in the league as their successful man makes more and more money.

Not sure how the Fordham mess came out.

Still fascinating by the Bo Ryan situation. Having a girlfriend didn't get him in trouble. Having multiple girlfriends did him in.

Keeping a girlfriend and a wife is like playing Frogger.

Keeping two girlfriends and a wife is like playing Frogger while enduring an epileptic seizure. You easily lose control and hope it doesn't blow up on you.

Mrs Fordham and the coach probably grew apart as was mentioned above.

Once a man starts making real money, the wife would be best to avoid wearing sweatpants (unless they're from Fordham's shoe contract). Especially if there are no kids to run out the clock on a bad marriage.

DanielSimpsonDay and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Similes are like wheel-well-cornfield-burners for this guy. Ubiquitous.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's from spending all that quality time in Barnes & Noble ...

lcjjdnh and Donny in his element like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go any older than 22.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... you stay the hell away from ElderDaughterQuant!

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No children in school means no therapy, no guilt for dad once he gets his first set of big paychecks.
    What does this mean?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Does there have to be a cutoff? At some point, shouldn't one of her friends tell her to get some counseling and/or a Match.com profile?

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Looking at this guy, I still say she comes out ahead.

[​IMG]

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shouldn't one of his friends tell him to quit cheating on his wife?

franticscribe and Hokie_pokie like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Certainly.

Draft saved Draft deleted