1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forde to Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Yahoo now has two of the nation's most well-rounded writers/columnists in Forde and Wetzel. I have preferred Yahoo to ESPN for a while, but perhaps the most amazing thing is that Yahoo does it with a staff about a tenth the size.

Very nice get for Gerry Ahern.

2. Illino

Illino Member

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=Aq2JUpiqJzT7NisTHZC0DPE5nYcB?slug=pf-forde_yard_dash_lsu_alabama110111

I love where Forde calls Yahoo! Sports the worldwide leader in sports journalism.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pat Forde is one of the best people I've encountered in this business. Great guy. Great writer.

His strength is clearly colleges and I hope Yahoo uses him there. Forde isn't bad on pro sports, but on colleges, few are better.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep.

And he's clearly filling a CFB void there.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

He did fantastic job covering Olympics for WWL, probably his best work there.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sucks for you, Wildcats.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You always know how to make my day. :)

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I noticed that too. Good line.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

All of this is true, although I will add there isn't a better horse racing columnist in the country, for the few people who still care.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Also true.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm not in the business and don't follow these things that closely, but I can't think of anyone that ESPN lost that it didn't want to - usually the poaching goes in the other direction, no?

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Nice to see "The Dash" resurface. Thanks for the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted