1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those of you who have an above-ground pool...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I've been doing something with my neighbor's pool while they're on vacation. It's one of those vinyl jobs, about 4 feet deep, and they were having trouble with it going green daily. Shocking it with a bag of chlorine every day when it's supposed to be done in a week, buying the test strips, algaecide, clarifier, etc., and then being told by a pool person that they needed to drain it and start over. The instructions don't tell you to change the filter every day. But I took it out and power-sprayed the damn thing clean, put it back in the pool, and for four days, it's stayed clear. Of course, they tell you to buy new filters every week too.

So in four days, they've paid nothing for pool maintenance.

I feel like I've done good. Bush would be proud that I've looked out after a neighbor in need.

If anyone else is having this problem, there's the solution. I hope it works for you too.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's pretty damn nice of you scribe.

Hell, I'd have been thrilled if you just cleaned my toilets while I was away.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sportschick finally found the pool boy of her dreams.

Cover your cod! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted