1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the Godfather aficionado in your life (or damn, do I want this):

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 14, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was gonna say, for $700, it better come with some of Brando's ashes or something.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love The Godfather probably more than I should but I am not spending a month's rent on a book.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The price is an insult to humanity.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

In this year's Neiman Marcus catalog:

We're making you an offer you can't refuse. Delivered to your doorstep will be a gold-embossed, gilded copy of "The Godfather Family Album," signed by Godfather director Francis Ford Coppola and stars Al Pacino, James Caan, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Talia Shire and the ghost of Marlon Brando. Mr. Caan and Ms. Shire also will re-enact in your living room the most overacted scene in movie history in which Sonny Corleone (Caan) devours his fist upon seeing his younger sister Connie (Shire) has been abused by her husband.

Cost: $75,000

7. I'm naive.
    Are you being sarcastic? Or it this for real?
    This is one of this things that is so unbelievable it might be true.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It's real. The book is indeed signed by the ghost of Marlon Brando.

9. I believe the economy mitigates somewhat against the purchase of this fine American product.
    Leave the book. Take the cannoli.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You goddamn guineas you really make me laugh. I do you a favor and take Freddie in when you're having a bad time, and now you're gonna try and make me pay $700 for a book?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And let me be even more frank, to show you I'm not a hard-hearted guy, that it's not all dollars and cents — it was the book I ever read, and I've read 'em all over the world!

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

For $700, it better come with Abe Vigoda himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted